Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh, you mean Paisley!

Amy Butler Fabric
Anthro Pillow




Paisley, the fabric of Persian and Indian origin that many of us, as little girls remember wearing in the form of summer dresses. The same fabric that Anthro and Amy Butler have made hip, and as far as I'm concern makes for fabulous pillows. You're probably wondering, why I'm going on and on about Paisley, any of us girls can spot it a mile away. Well, the familiarity of Paisley is not something most guys can relate to, unless you're Eddie Ross and fabulous. Keep up with me here. I have a friend/client who I'm helping with his apartment. He recently moved in with his fiance, and we're working on blending their furniture and accessories without making it feel like a college dorm. As I was going over the design plan with him yesterday, he stopped me in the middle of my presentation and asked me a question that I will never forget.


Client-"What about that pillow on the sofa in the living room?"

Me-Which Pillow? I don't remember seeing a pillow.

Client-"You know the one that looks like large sperms, here let me draw it for you".

Me-Oh, you mean Paisley!


How can I ever forget that question? For now on, I will never be able to look at Paisley the same way. Leave it to a guy to describe the kidney shape of Paisley as sperm. Has your boyfriend or client ever described something fabulous in their own terms? I know, I have a million stories about Bobby, but that's a post for a different day.

9 comments:

Design Esquire said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! I may never be able to look at paisley the same way again either.

Anonymous said...

OMG I love paisley, btu I will never see it the same either now!

###### said...

thats to funny...sperm...

Maureen Stevens said...

How funny! Come to think of it, they do look like it :)BTW, just read ur Bio, how awesome for u! I always admire people who follow their passion. I also wanted to go back to school for interior design but when I saw the tuition fees, I almost had a heart attack. kudos to u!

annechovie said...

What a riot....guys def. have a unique perspective. Thanks for the sweet comment, Yansy. XO

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Ha ha ha, that is so funny!!! I love paisley, but yeah, will definitely be looking at it differently from now on! :)

Kellie Collis said...

I love Amy Butler!!! x

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Nooooooooooo. I had never thought of it that way. Ewwwwwwww. I'm dying over that gorgeous wallpaper!

Haven and Home said...

The lady I started with in the business does not like paisley because she says it reminds her of sperms. I love it though! Every time I see it I think of her though!