Thursday, June 4, 2009

I love House Beautiful

(I spy Lee Jofa's bold Herbert's Carnation Weave fabric on the Bridgewater chairs )

Take a look at these pics of Barbara Walters previous apartment. The new home owners hired interior design extraordinaire Timothy Whealon to change the look of the apartment. I just love every single room, although my personal taste is more contemporary. I like the layer of patterns in every room. This is what I like to call understated elegance.




( I spy a green lacquer David Hicks garden seat)

Look at those walls and guess what, is not wallpapered. It was stenciled based on an 18th century wallpaper from Sweden's Drottningholm Palace Theater.


(The Saarinen table and Vintage Eames chairs are total perfection)

2 comments:

Me said...

I love the mirror, too, in the 2nd photo. The garden seat is by David Hicks? Pottery barn is selling a copy cat version. Thanks for these great pictures!

Yansy said...

Pottery Barn copies everything. Sad but it has worked for them so far.